Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cochlear Implant Headbands

Babies and cochlear implants can be sort of tricky. Keeping the ear piece (sound processor) on her ears that is. I had heard about joybands from a friend (you can check them out here) but wasn't sure if that was what we were looking for. 

I googled cochlear implant headbands and came across a woman's blog that is a hearing blog for her daughter. Her daughter wears these headbands and after seeing them I wanted some for Natalie. After getting in contact with her (thanks Melinda!) we were able to find out who she ordered hers from and get ours as well. We have a white one and a pink one. We love them! They fit so nicely on Natalie's head, there is a place for the processor to fit in with the elastic, we can wash them if needed and I have been able to put cute flower clips attached to the headband. Win-Win! So far, Natalie doesn't seem bothered by the headband and has left it alone. 

what a cheeser!
As a side note, we take off her "magic ears" at naps, bedtime, and long car rides where we know she will fall asleep. She is supposed to wear her CI all waking hours and I always feel sad to take them off. I want her to hear as much as possible. 
Name Pancakes compliments of Grammy

Natalie with Big Sister Sophie

13 comments:

Shelley Patterson said...

She is such a cheezer- I love it!

Anonymous said...

cute blog...and cute Natalie. She is so beautiful and quite the ham. She was flirting with the oldest demordant boy in church on sunday...it was fun to watch

I am Laura said...

I have been really bad at following blogs lately. I added this to my new system of blog reading so I will keep up to date. She is adorable. I love that yellow and grey shirt! Your kids are always dressed so cute. I am glad you found the headbands that you did. I can imagine that would be hard to keep her implants on.

Darcie said...

So glad she's doing well!

Kelly said...

I love the blog and the background and the name and everything! It will be fun to follow it and watch Natalie progress! She has already taken some amazing steps. Go Nats! :) Good Job Missy.

Krista said...

Love the blog! You are such a good mommy keeping track and journalling all her progress. I know she (and other moms in the same situation) will thank you! You're amazing!!

Monica Hudson said...

This is such a wonderful blog, Melissa. Nice job - you are one amazing woman and I'm honored to call you family. Love you and your sweet family. Know that we think of you and Miss Natalie often. Looking forward to watching tis amazing journey unfold. Love you guys!

Laura said...

These headbands look so soft and comfortable--thanks for sharing through your blog. Can you please forward me the contact information for whomever makes them? Our 9 month old son's first implant was activated 6 days ago and I think I must have reattached it a thousand times... My email address is laura.amodei@gmail.com. Thanks!

Fede said...

Hi Melissa, you have a really cute girl. I´m also the father of a 1 and a half year old girl with bilateral implants. I´ve been looking for headbands and the joybands and the crochet bands are not what I was looking for, until I found your blog o saw Natalie´s soft simple headbands and that´s exactly what I want for my girl. Is it possible for you to send me the contact information for whom makes them? Thank you very much!!! alejandroalfonso@gmail.com

Unknown said...

My daughter's name is Natalie too! Her implant was just turned on yesterday. I am also interested in the headbands you have. Would you be able to post where you got them? Thanks!
-Rachel

Elena said...

Hi Melissa.

My one year old girl, Maddison has just had her bilateral Med-El implants switched on & we are struggling to keep them on. I would really appreciate it if you could let me know the contact details for the headbands your gorgeous little girl is wearing? Most appreciated. elenajohn77@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I'm also interested in where you were able to get your headbands. My 18 month old is getting bilateral implants next week and I'm starting to look for headband solutions.

Thank you, Sara - saradoutre @ gmail.com

Jennifer Rauscher said...

headband information please
jrauscher2004@yahoo.com

Post a Comment


Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio