Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Itsy Bitsy Spider

So, we are officially moved to Ohio. I have so much to catch up on with this little one. I feel like her vocabulary has just exploded this summer. (note.. I haven't even kept up on tabs of words she knows on the side.. she knows way too many to keep track of now which is amazing!) I think a good part of that influence was having Dylan home from school, because I really noticed her talking a lot more about 2 weeks after he was out of school.

Now I can't get her to be quiet! Seriously, in church today, I was constantly whispering to her to be quiet. Part of me feels like I shouldn't do that, because how awesome is it that she is speaking so much and so well and I don't want to discourage that, but on the other hand, there is times and places for us to be quiet and I can't quite figure out how to get her to "get it".





So a little story about spiders. Our new house has a big basement and all the toys are downstairs. One day Natalie was downstairs playing and I heard her kind of whispering/crying. I went downstairs to see what was the matter, and by that time she met me by the stairs. She was saying "spider on my arm", "spider on arm" "spider bite arm", "spider bite hand".

I saw a a little red spot on her hand, and it honestly just looked like a mosquito bite. I asked her if the spider was black. She replied "brown". And she went on and on about spiders the whole day. I went down in the basement playroom and looked around for any spiders and couldn't find any. I just figured it was a mosquito bite and she thought that was what it was.

Well, the next day, all the kids were down there and Dylan ran upstairs telling me he found a huge spider. So, I run down there and lo and behold.. A big, BROWN, spider downstairs. I killed it. So, Natalie was communicating to me about it the whole time and was right.

And today, she saw a big daddy long leg in the kitchen and told us, "spider on chair".. it was crawling on the floor by her chair and we killed it too. Spiders have been a huge part of her vocabulary lately. Lets hope this trend does not continue...





3 comments:

Melanie Herway said...

What a cutie!!! I hate spiders too. And look at that huge beautiful backyard you have. I'm so jealous!!!

Greg | Kristina said...

Wow that is awesome that she was able to communicate to you about the spider biting her and even what color it was!!

Melinda said...

WOW what amazing language she has!!You must be so proud! she is just gorgeous with those pretty baby blues :)

Post a Comment


Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio