Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Happy 1 Year Hearing

On Tuesday we celebrated Natalie's 1 year hearing birthday. She has done so amazing this past year and really exceeded any expectations we had with cochlear implants. And I would like to say she has done so well because she is amazing (which is totally true) but I really believe that we have had such a team approach in dealing with her hearing loss early on, we have made such great strides.

A BIG thanks to amazing audiologists ; our ENT and surgeon Dr. Buchman, auditory-verbal therapists (Miss Jenni), pediatricians, our local ENT, family and friends. I have met so many amazing people through blogs, online forums, conferences, etc. I have gained so much knowledge through these place and individuals and hope that I continue to learn so much so I can advocate in the best way possible for Natalie, until one day when she can advocate for herself.

I made a video of Natalie's 1st year of hearing.. click here to watch it.

1 year ago - Activation Day!


Happy 1 Year Hearing Birthday!

2 comments:

Denise said...

SO GREAT!!! :)

lisa h. said...

it's been so cool to see this journey. i definitely teared up watching this video.

Post a Comment


Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio