Monday, April 25, 2011

Beach Trip

This was Natalie's 2nd beach trip, but 1st with cochlear implants. I was hesitant about letting her even wear them at the beach, for fear she would pull them off and get them in the sand and water. But we tried it out and she did great. We kept the sun hat on her the whole time as well, and I think the ocean and waves were so much of a distraction she didn't pull her processors off. We had a great time and I am glad we decided to have her wear them. (although I was always making sure they hadn't fallen off.)

Natalie with her daddy

she got a good taste of the sand

at the Charleston, SC aquarium

mommy and Natalie

4 comments:

Erika said...

Your daughter is adorable! Just wanted to introduce ourselves and my daughter Sophia turned one year old in February 2011 and was activated with Nucleus 5 bilateral implants on March 11. We're over at http://babyohblog.blogspot.com/. You guys are doing wonderful!

Erika said...

I found your blog by searching for cochlear headbands. It just came up in my Google search results. We moved to SLC about 2 years ago, Sophia had her surgery done by Dr. Clough Shelton at Primary Children's Medical Center in Salt Lake City. He's affiliated with University of Utah. We have our audiology appointments at Primary Children's in Riverton. My husband and I were implanted ourselves in northern California, so we were happy to find some good resources out here as well. I'll add you to my blog too. :)

Laura said...

She is really getting big!

Melinda said...

I just stumbled across your blog & have enjoyed reading about your daughters journey. My daughter Savannah just turned one in March & wears HA's. We are currently in the process of working out whether she will require a CI for her right ear or not. Feel free to come across & read our blog & look forward to reading more of your gorgeous daughters journey :)

Post a Comment


Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio