Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Making Progress - 10 Weeks Hearing

Natalie knows her name!

She turns to it most of the time now. 
So sweet!



"SH"

This one of Natalie's 6 LING Sounds.
She has responded well to this high pitch frequency. 
She is now also responding to "s".
Our AVT teacher said CI kids usually hear the high pitch sounds easier for some reason.


"Choo-Choo"

Natalie's favorite toy!
She loves the train table and all the trains.
This is the first thing I feel like I have asked her to do,
and she actually goes after it.



Now... if my almost 3 year old with NORMAL hearing, would just learn to listen!


3 comments:

Shelley Patterson said...

Oh, that is so sweet! I love that she knows her name, and I just LOVED the one where she went to find the train.

Melanie Herway said...

That is impressive! From the other room...I love watching her crawl. She is so adorable! I love her eating the teaspoons too.

Denise said...

she is such a doll!! Speaking of 3 yr olds not listening....when Calvin was 3 (or maybe 4) we found out he had moderate hearing loss. The dr. was very surprised to see that we had gone so long w/o knowing...but it is so hard to know when kids are so good at ignoring what they don't want to hear. We never knew that he might be missing things he did want to hear!

Post a Comment


Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio