Thursday, June 16, 2011

15 Months

Natalie just turned 15 months today. It is hard to believe she had her cochlear implant surgery 6 months ago. I decided to put her processors on the other day without the headband. She is getting quite a lot more hair in and she gets really hot and sweaty during the summer and plus, it is fun to style with a bow in it. The downside, is lots of wig tape to help keep them on. I think she looks cute either way.


Natalie seems to know and understand all our names in the family now. If we are sitting at the kitchen table and I ask where someone is, she is really good about turning and looking at them directly. This is always a good time for learning as she is sitting in her high chair in their at least 3 times a day. I have to find a lot of creative ways for learning and make the most of our time.

She also understands "up, up, up" and she walks (if not runs) directly to the stairs which are her favorite thing and as she is going up them, she will say "uh, uh, uh". She hasn't exactly said "up" yet, but she has gotten the "p" sound down. When we see a boat, she will say, "puh, puh, puh" for it, so I am sure "up" will come shortly.


2 comments:

Cody and Tami said...

Oh my, her huge smile and adorable dimples just melts my heart!! I am so happy to see she is doing so well! :)

Laura said...

She does look cute either way, but it is nice to let her not have a hot headband. I think it is nice to see her hair too!

Post a Comment


Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio