Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The 4th of July

I almost get a little teary eyed thinking about what a difference cochlear implants have made in our life.

We went to a 4th of July parade and of course we ALL (including Natalie) heard the loud sirens from the fire engines, police cars, etc. A year ago that wasn't even possible. I was reminiscing about that while the trucks were driving past us and the siren was so loud, I wanted to cover my ears and thinking how loud they were. And to think a year ago, that loud of a siren and still Natalie could not hear it. Amazing.



Let Freedom Ring

me and Nat at the parade

Of course I am thankful for Graeme Clark who helped develop the cochlear implant and for making hearing possible for thousands and thousands of people. 


2 comments:

heather said...

Hooray! It is amazing to read through this blog and see the progression through the months. What a journey! Thank you for sharing it with all of us. Natalie is doing so well! And I'm positive that it's through a lot of time and effort on your part. I loved all the new things she's able to do like pick out which book you're referring to. How awesome!

Katie said...

Happy 4th Natalie! I am so thankful for cochlear implants as well. Rowan loved fireworks this year; in fact I think they were almost too loud!

Post a Comment


Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio